Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving...a little late

Well, we made it through Thanksgiving. I am so glad that is behind us. Now I am just trying to get through Christmas. I know that sounds so terrible, and I am trying to remember the true reason for the season, but I can't lie...it is very hard. Saturday we went to a candlelight service at Memorial Gardens. It was absolutely beautiful. The streets were lined with candles and we had a candle placed on Wyatt's grave. They read all the names of the people who had been buried there this year. I was amazed at how many names there were. I believe there were six babies. I think I have always felt sorry for someone who has lost a loved one, but as they were reading off the names I kept thinking of how those were not just names...those are people. People with personalities and character and someone whose absence is being felt deeply by someone here on earth. While this has been a hard week, I have to say I have felt very encouraged. Thank you. I received a couple more verses Wednesday and Friday. My mom, mother-in-law, and sister also gave me special gifts. My mother-in-law gave us some verses and little angel...with the chubbiest cheeks...just like Wyatt. It makes me smile every time I look at it. I will have to post a picture of it! Les gave me a tiny bowl with a heart that said, "I carry your heart." I love it....it is so true and it reminds me of the poem we had read at Wyatt's service. My mom gave me a heart to add to my canvas or make a paper weight out of. We had quite a store of milk in their freezer at home. The hospital would not let us donate it since I had taken medication after my c-section....so, mom pulled all of the labels off of the bottles and made them into a heart. It is so very special. I can't say I was that attached to the milk...but while Wyatt was in the hospital, everyone kept telling me how important it was and how that was one thing I could do for him. So, I did. I would have done ANYTHING for him. Which is what makes this heart so special. It reminds me of the effort and the love I put in while taking care of my little boy. As the holiday season has made its way here, I ask that you remember us in your prayers. Please pray for peace and joy this season. That we will not grow anxious, but experience hope and a true calm that can only come from our Father in Heaven.


"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him,
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
Romans 15:13







No comments:

Post a Comment