Tuesday, November 17, 2009

hope

As I was opening my book to begin my Bible study for today, I read over a little of my last study… “We tend to run to God for temporary relief. God is looking for people who will walk with Him in steadfast belief. Choose to believe. Those who trust in Him will not be put to shame.” (Beth Moore) I am sure I read this just the other day, but today as I was reading it out of context it really struck me. And I know I am so guilty of this! I praise God when times are good and I seek Him when times are tough and the cycle continues…but, it is truly something different to seek Him and walk with Him in STEADFAST belief. I do believe in God…but at times I do not BELIEVE God. There are days when there is no light at the end of the tunnel…those are the days I believe in God, but do not BELIEVE God. I know that He will never give us more than we can handle. But, I am fully aware that He will give us more than we would ever want to handle.
I was crying to a friend the other day and she was telling me how truly sorry that she was and how she knows there are no words to heal our hurt…and she said it is hard to know what to say… that in so many hardships there is scripture you can turn to…scripture you can repeat quietly to yourself to get you through that situation….and that she was at a lack of where to turn. So, I will tell you. While there are days I wish I could be guaranteed or promised good in the near future, I know there are NO guarantees. But I do know there is hope. And right now, that will have to satisfy my soul. Today I am going to concentrate on Philippians 3:13-14 “Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” Now I will NEVER forget Wyatt…not even for a moment, but I will try my best not to be held captive by my grief. To remember and seek God’s will in my life. So while I have been given more than I ever would have wanted to handle, I do BELIEVE that God has a plan. A plan much bigger than I can fathom.

Psalm 70:5
Yet I am poor and needy;
come quickly to me, O God.
You are my help and my deliverer;
O Lord, do not delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment