Friday, November 6, 2009

faith

Several years ago I did a Beth Moore Bible study with a very dear friend. The study was incredible and I do not think I have ever felt closer to God. As I sit here today, having been through so much these past few months I have been drawn back to this study. The study was called "Believing God" and was focused on our faith...how appropriate at a time like this. I am reminded that we were created to please our Heavenly Father. Hebrews 11:6 says, "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." What a comforting thought. Yet, so simple and difficult at times. So, I begin today reminding myself what faith is...."Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1 Today I will focus on faith and rely on my Heavenly Father to sustain and heal our broken hearts...I believe that God is who He says He is. I believe that God is big...that He alone is Big enough for me and the pain in which I carry. I am so thankful to believe in a God who is simply enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment