Tuesday, February 23, 2010

a wearing week

Whew, what a week. I am exhausted and it has just begun. Right now I don't even know where to begin. I feel as though I am about to just break down, but I also feel so thankful at the same time. I am just glad we have made it through this past week. As you know, Wyatt would have been six months old on Thursday. It is so hard to believe! The pain is still so fresh. Saturday was my birthday...well mine, my sisters, and my dads. I am so thankful we all share this day. And so thankful we could all celebrate together. I have to admit, Saturday was really rough. I woke up crying and didn't feel as though I had the strength to get out of bed. This is really the first time I have truly felt like I couldn't make myself get up. I am so glad it is over. I can't even begin to describe how much I miss Wyatt...and even more on my birthday. And then there is today...the day 5 months ago that we so unexpectedly were forced to say our last goodbyes. I am glad for an emotional break for a while. Not that I think I won't have hard days, but at least a break from more firsts we will never have with him. Thank you all for your continued prayers and support!

5 comments:

  1. Not a day goes by that I don't think about you and Ryan and whisper a prayer for your tender hearts. I am amazed and encouraged by your strength, your honesty, and your humility. I'm glad to know you, Jess. Much love from the "other" Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and Ryan and praying for moments of peace and comfort. Katie Freeman

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray you will have an emotional break, Jessica. A breather in between all those heartbreaking moments. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you so much sweet girl! You have been in my heart constantly over this last week. xoxo! Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Jessica...I just pray for you!! Hang in there!! Love you...Julie Scarborough

    ReplyDelete