Friday, February 5, 2010

going red!

Ok so this isn't about shoes...although I love them...today is about something much more important! Today is National wear red day to draw attention to heart disease and support the American Heart Association. It is hard to believe, but one in three people will be affected by Heart Disease. I know that at times, we all feel invincible...and I will admit that I long for that feeling again, but while I have lived a wonderful life, two of my family members have been diagnosed with some shape or form of heart disease or congenital heart defect. My dad had quadruple bypass only a few years ago and then Wyatt who was born with double outlet right ventricle with pulmonary and mitral artersia. While the victims in my family have both been male, a staggering 430,000 women are silenced each year by cardiovascular disease. And most of these deaths are preventable. So, today we are wearing red to honor these women...these mothers, daughters, aunts, grandmothers, and sisters... and promote awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment