Monday, January 18, 2010

five months

Today Wyatt would be five months old. Wow! I can't even imagine what he would be doing at this point. I wish so badly that I knew. I miss him more than ever...but am ever so thankful that this little miracle arrived here on earth to bless us with his presence five months ago. What I would give to go back to August 18th...although I do not think I could handle the pain of this all over again. I love you sweet Wyatt!

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in Spirit."
Psalm 34:18

4 comments:

  1. My newborn son died August 18, 2008. The missing and longing and sadness never go away, but that awful pain does seem to ease a bit. What I wouldn't give for another moment with him too. Take care of yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to say "LOVE YOU" to you, Ryan, and Wyatt. Keep leaning on Psalm 34:18. I am here!
    love you,
    your sis and Wyatt's proud aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoops, meant to say one of Wyatt's proud aunts ;)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for making me smile, Leslie! You should be proud and I am too.
    I had the neatest thing happen today. I had volunteered to keep the nursery for my CBS leadership team today, and because it was my "off" morning since Caroline was in school, I have to admit I was kind of dreading it. But I GOT to hold a 5 month old baby girl for 3 hours strait! It was such a blessing for me to be able to hold her. How ironic that I was just thinking so much about Wyatt yesterday and how he would have been 5 months. Some people might think it would bring out the sadness I have for missing Wyatt so much and longing to hold him, but the Holy Spirit must have been working because it brought me so much peace.
    Loving you, Ryan, and Wyatt so much from one of his "other" very PROUD aunts :) ~ Jill

    ReplyDelete